Tuesday, September 6, 2011

...how about the power to move you?

there's this [...]zine I read sometimes that has a permanent column: the 60 seconds interview.

It's pretty boring and uninteresting - mainly because of the people that are being interviewed, but there's this one question that always intrigued me and made me think of a perfect answer many, many times

if you were a super hero, what would your superpower be?

This is a difficult one and, as I said, I've given it a lot of thought but never could come up with a decent answer (read: one that would make people go wow! that's a good one)

..until a few days ago! Yes, that's right, the code has been cracked, the biscuit has been dipped in tea, the cat has eaten the gold fish! for I, I have the answer.

You ready?
If I were a superhero my superpower would be ...to be illegal!

Ge-ni-ous, you say. And I agree :)

You may ask yourselves though: what does this mean? What kind of superpower is this dear N?

And I would answer: it is both a power and a curse my darlings, for with great powers come great irresponsibilities!

The principle is simple: whenever there's a law to be broken, I'll do it. I don't want to do it, but I'll do it.

I will

  • cross the street on the red light and at crossroads
  • travel without a ticket - bus, tram, plane, train, donkey, sardine can, you name it
  • ride my bike on the wrong lane
  • wine&dine without paying
  • mess up the lyrics when singing the national anthem
  • walk around butt naked - this has solved the costume problem
  • not work for the money my employer is giving me
  • loiter on the park benches
  • kick stupid people in the face
  • and generally kicking and beating everyone who deserves to  - by my very own high standards
  • smuggle Kinder Surprise eggs in the U.S. of A.
  • steal candies from babies (is this illegal? if it isn't at least it's morally wrong which is almost as bad as being illegal!)
  • and many, many more bad, illegal things

which I don't want to actually do, but I will not be able to help myself because my superpower forces me to do them. Aaaand I will not get arrested or held responsible. Never. No matter what.

How about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

fire away!